The description of the profession
Interior decorator projects visual information, visual advertisements, proprietary style, decorative compositions and simple interiors (selects colors, forms celebration interiors or massive company events). S/he can apply calligraphy to any font, adjust font to certain work, compose it, and fit to a drawing. An interior decorator produces advertisement bill-boards, signboards, shop-window displays, visual information, product package as well as creates and embodies authentic company style. This professional is able to apply basic techniques of silk graphics, principles of modeling, newest advertising materials and equipment, s/he also uses computer graphics. Such a professional gets employed in various advertising and design enterprises, educational institutions and etc.
Entering Klaipėda Technology Training Centre requires:
Required education – basic (10 forms) or secondary (12 forms).
Duration of studies – 2 or 3 years
After the successful completion of this vocational course you will be able to:
- Manage means of artistic expression of composition;
- Apply tangible elements and decoration techniques;
- Select materials;
- Situate interior elements according to space / room functioning;
- Select decorative interior elements;
- Keep the common interior style;
- Design interiors for company celebrations;
- Prepare showcases of public objects and sales departments’ halls;
- Arrange exhibitions, expositions, presentations according to certain project.
You will study such vocational subjects as:
- Basics of composition and drawing;
- Painting and theory of colors;
- Calligraphy, fonts;
- Basics of computerized projecting;
- Materials and technology of interior decoration;
- Design and production of decorative compositions;
- Artistic decoration of surfaces;
- Computer graphics;
- Projecting and production of visual advertising;
- Interior projecting;
- Interior decorating;
- Employees’ health and safety;
- Secondary education subjects.
You will also perform on-job apprenticeship and take part in numerous projects.
After the completion of the vocational college a secondary education certificate and vocational training certificate are provided.