A hairdresser provides various hair care service for clients of different age, moreover, such a professional explains how to look after one’s hair, what hair care treatment to use for specific type of hair structure. S/he also adjusts hair color and hair style to a client’s face shape, dyes, cuts, frizzes hair, forms a coiffure. A light simple make up or manicure can be made too. A hairdresser is able to deal with accounts, cash registers. Barbers and ladies’ hair hairdressers get employed in private and public hairdressing saloons. These professionals can apply various chemical cosmetic treatments, use hair treatment, make up, and manicure tools and devices. Because of intensive and continuous communication with clients a hairdresser ought to have specific psychological and physical features.
Entering Klaipėda Technology Training Centre requires:
Required education – basic (10 forms) or secondary (12 forms).
Duration of studies – 2 or 3 years
After the successful completion of this vocational course you will be able to:
- Prepare your work place;
- Estimate clients’ needs;
- Make up a service provision plan;
- Use hairdresser’s work tools and devices safely;
- Disinfect and sterilize tools;
- Select and apply cosmetic treatments and materials;
- Perform hair care procedures;
- Make various hair cuts;
- Frizz and straighten one’s hair;
- Dye hair;
- Model coiffures;
- Communicate and cooperate with colleagues and customers.
You will study such vocational subjects as:
- A hairdresser’s working technology;
- Hairdressing techniques and technologies;
- Hair cutting techniques and technologies
- Long hair hairdressing techniques and technologies;
- Hair coloration techniques and technologies;
- Hair style modeling;
- Creation and artistic conceptualizing of style;
- Science of materials;
- Natural science and medicine basics;
- Drawing for specific purposes;
- Professional ethics and service culture;
- Business organization;
- Employees’ health and safety;
- Secondary education subjects.
You will also perform on-job apprenticeship;
After the completion of the vocational college a secondary education certificate and vocational training certificate are provided.